Short Bio: Based out of Los Angeles, California, Vanilla Sugar continuously pushes the envelope of unprecedented sound. Vanilla Sugar combines comprehensive alternative/electronic sample infused music with an electrifying stage performance to create an experience that is both refreshingly unexpected and addictive.
About Vanilla Sugar (Listen to SHE by clicking here)
● Who are the members of Vanilla Sugar?
I am Vanilla Sugar! (Solo Artist)
● How & When did Vanilla Sugar form?
Vanilla Sugar formed in Houston, TX originally via a midi keyboard and an iMac.
● Where was the first place Vanilla Sugar performed?
Vanilla Sugar’s first show was at a Houston venue called Warehouse Live. I was so nervous! I had a lot of family and friends there to support me, which made me feel a lot more secure.
● What inspired you to start music?
My dad is a drummer and always had gigs or rehearsals while I was growing up. I feel like I was born into a musical family. The gig life was normal for me! I started playing piano when I was 4, and found that to be a great way to release my emotions as I got older.
Latest Vanilla Sugar Album release:
● What’s the story behind the new song?
ThisDarkPlace is the first single from my new album, “SHE”. It’s a me vs. myself scenario, where I confront the darker part of me. The part that represents, sadness, depression, insecurities, etc.
● What inspired you to put together a new album & what it is all about?
This is my first album! I’m very excited about this. I’ve been wanting to have an album of my own for a very long time. The new album covers a range of different emotions, vibes, and situations. It’s things that I have been through and things that I dream about.
● Will you be touring to support the new album? If so, when?
I will! I am really looking forward to the end of this year. I will be touring September - December with The Birthday Massacre.
● What is your song writing process?
It usually starts with the music, (the melody is key!) the vocals are typically added last.
● What’s your first thoughts when you get up on stage?
As soon as I step on the stage, I transform. All of my insecurities and shyness totally melt away.
● Where was the first venue you played?
The first venue I played was Warehouse Live in Houston, TX.
● What is your most memorable moment from any live performances?
The most memorable live moment for me would be the time I performed at Warped Tour in Anchorage, AK. There were so many fans there and it was such an incredible experience watching people sing along to my songs.
● Describe the atmosphere when you’re performing.
It’s electric!!! I feed off of the energy that the fans put out, and they feed off of mine. It’s an incredible experience.
● What band would you like to perform with the most?
Funny you ask, we were just talking about that on my AMA Live session last night. I would love to go on tour with Puscifer, Grimes, and Alison Wonderland.
● Will you be touring in the United Kingdom any time soon?
I will be this November! The 5th - 15th. I am extremely looking forward to it.